By frankmeyers
thanks for the replies.

I have bought an Imac and everything works like a dream on that machine.
I think it was (and still is) a materials/vista problem. Thank god for Apple :-)

Anyway, thanks for the help.

grtz,

Frank
By frankmeyers
Good luck David,

what i tried in the beginning was removing all the materials and then gradually added materials and try to render after each additional material.

Each render without maxwell materials worked.

Strange but maybe it will work with the next version of the plugin?

kind regards,

Frank
By messire
am fighting over the last days on different machines to get high outputs of a huge sketchup file ( 250 mb) with 500 000 faces and from 8-10 different emitters

answer to MOST my problems is lack of ram when choosing over 2000 pixels images: i get all kind of problems:
- runtime mxcl errors
- emitters dont work ( no sliders)
- over slow render...

was happening on all machines with 2 gb ram...not on a xeon with 4 gb..

means: after this crazy project, monday first hour i'm ordering an apple G5 2 quad that i'm boosting to 16 gb of ram instantly....tired of waiting, tired of small renders!

Nils
By x_site
i have a very similar problem.. the weird thing is that one day was working fine and the next just started crashing sketchup scene regardless of its size... works fine without materials and this problem is more frequent with SU7!!!!!
By brodie_geers
I get the same problem pretty frequently with very little predictability. I'm running Vista 64 w/ 8mb RAM and a 4x2.83GB intel processor. I was just able to export a huge amount of clipped grass that took something like 4 hours to export with a final Maxwell file size of 106mb. But then I try and export the building and it errors out after 1 minute (which I just opened up and exported again with no issue this time :?:). I've also had the problem where you wait 15 minutes for export and at 99% you get a runtime error.

-Brodie
By Richard
I've had similar issues with vista - for me each time it was due to an excessive map size in the model. If i opened the map in PS and using the save for the web function to reduce - not it's pixel size only quality, then reloaded the new texture to SU all worked fine!

If you are using displacement, funky sky settings or the image editing functions of MR1.7 then a roll back to 1.5.1 (though doesn't help speed wise on 64bit) might be the go! I found so few crash issues with 1.5.1 which I still use nearly every day on my desktop machine without any issues. Though 1.7.1 on my vista laptop gives up commonly on export or crash or loss of functionality in studio.
By x_site
resolved my issue by reinstalling Maxwell plugin.. at least for now
By ridenho
The most consistent results that I have had are to group objects and export those groups separately then import them into Studio. I would get super annoyed when a simple model would crash on export.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]