By Jayster
Hi David,

I have found several on Formfonts. They have a lot of different 3D tress that render nicely in Maxwell.

~Jay
By Richard
Jay

Mate I'd look at Xfrog or Onyx, the ones from FormFonts are just way too low poly to be of any use in photorealistic renderings.
By marked001
i've gotten some ok ones from turbosquid for free.
By macitect
David,

Here is a neat little program I bought a few months ago. I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for but I have had some great results, it's easy and the developer is open to suggestions!

Have a look:
http://www.littlestick.com/

I'll try to remember to post a pic later.

cheers,
derek
By ivox3
Mr. Plant needs plants. hehe ... sorry, .. I'm a juvenile. :oops:
By creasia
Here is where I picked up some excellent free trees, and other plants.

These are high poly and will slow your scene down. I suggest you finish your scene, put in placeholder low poly proxies then use the replace component feature in sketchup and finally, apply shadows and render.

http://web.inf.tu-dresden.de/ST2/cg/dow ... licplants/
By dizzlewizzle
Does anyone know how to replace sketchup comonents once you've exported to studio. This would be useful to cut down on the export time from SU to Maxwell. For instance ->

Low poly tree in SU > export to Maxwell > in Studio, replace low poly tree with high poly tree

Anyone figured this one out?
By Stinkie7000
Dunno about you guys, but I just opted for the Dosch trees that are ready to be used in Maxwell. Model, export, add trees in Studio. Handy.

Of course, there's that weird 'rotated geometry thing' that makes you not want to go into the Sudio ... (Shame, 'cause I like it.) :twisted:
By Richard
Buy Onyx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great models, varied trees, billboards, image output!!!!
By Sheik
I am making a tutorial on how to work with trees in SketchUp. (How to replace 2d low-res ones with 3d high-res components and how they become Maxwell instances). I should be able to post it on Think! in a few days…
Sheik
By jo
Sheik wrote:I am making a tutorial on how to work with trees in SketchUp. (How to replace 2d low-res ones with 3d high-res components and how they become Maxwell instances). I should be able to post it on Think! in a few days…
Sheik
Thank you, Sheik.
A lot!!!! :wink:

Ciao, Gio
By cheffey
can't wait for the tutorial Shiek, thank you for your generosity
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]