By macitect
Excuse my ignorance, but SULL? What are the two Ls for?

Oh, and nice images mpoole1! those look like incredibly huge models.
By mpoole1
Thanks for the comments.

The are pretty big. The sketchup files are about 40 megs each. One of the Mxs files is about 500 megs the other is about 150megs.
By macitect
mpoole1 wrote:Thanks for the comments.

The are pretty big. The sketchup files are about 40 megs each. One of the Mxs files is about 500 megs the other is about 150megs.
That's incredible. What's your system, how much RAM?!
By mpoole1
The system is good, but not bleeding edge good.

AMD Athlon 64X2 4600 processor, 4 gigs DDR RAM, NVIDIA 7950 GT 256 mb video card. Windows XP64. I am also running the same images on a windows XP32 machine and don't see any real difference in performance.

Each image ran for about 12 hours in Maxwell.
By macitect
Are these your designs? I am wondering if it is an error that there are 2 colours on the roofs of the first image or if it is intentional.
By mpoole1
They are my designs. We use metal roofing for accents on dormers and towers. Would have liked to get all metal, but the project budget would not allow it.

mrp
By Richard
So I thought I would post a few incomplete and completed renders and material, environment and camera tests!!!!!

A few good ones and some crap! Just thought I'd post these because we see nearly nothing here from SketchUp export!!!!!

All my own design except for the last three done as a fun favor for a friend in Porta Rico.

Last edited by Richard on Thu May 21, 2009 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Stinkie7000
There's some nice stuff here, Richard. And as far as SU stuff is concerned: you're gonna see quite a lot of mine as soon as the new plugin (I cannot do without instancing) is released!

Keep posting!
By Onslaught
Been a while since I've posted a maxwell render. Just a WIP. Took 1 hour to render. Done with the old plugin. Downloading the new one as I make this post.

By Richard
Stinkie now your just showing off mate!
By marked001
nice...really really digging this one, stinkie!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]