By Stinkie7000
Thanks, lads. Still some work to do. Some (not much) modelling, and then *some* texturing. Gonna try to make the mats myself - which'll probably take me a while, as I haven't gotten my head around Maxwell's material system just yet.
By Stinkie7000
This one I like alot myself (posted this over at SCF some time ago). Left quite a bit of grain in there - suited the look I was after. The proof print of this looks awesome. At least in my opinion. :)

By Richard
Stinkie! Nice mate! Skydome??

I like skydome renders though I tend to blend them post in PS with a Physical sky export also. Nicer soft shadows and detail pick up!!
By Stinkie7000
Thanks. Yeah, I used a skydome. Works really well for some things. Haven't tried blending a skydome pic with a physical sky one yet - I think it's fair to say I'm something of a PS virgin! All in good time. For the moment, I'm sticking with straight MW output and minimal tweaking in PS. Don't want to overload the grey matter.

I find that a combination of skydome and emitter planes works really well too.
By Richard
Just put the Phys Sky image as a layer over the top of the Sky dome image and adjust density - simple and the results can be amazing!!!
By Stinkie7000
You mean the opacity, right? I gotta do that some day soon. Thanks for the tip.
By Richard
Looks really dark mate! Was that what you were after?
By Stinkie7000
Yup. In my own defense I can only say that the original looks a lot better!
By creasia
Hey Guys,

It has been a while since I last posted.

Here is my latest image directly out of SU. I managed to find a way to get Max AEC trees into SU and then I put leaves on it from the tree in my front yard. Instancing and proxy are good friends of mine.

I'm looking forward to the new release of MW. I wonder if they would consider giving me a free upgrade for suggesting the MXM Gallery direct connection feature?
By ivox3
I'm looking forward to the new release of MW. I wonder if they would consider giving me a free upgrade for suggesting the MXM Gallery direct connection feature?
You've been paid, wish came true. :) Every wish = come true = free lic ? ...think about it.

Nice try tho...
By Richard
Can you imagine a free license for everyone who suggested Maxwell should be faster?
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]