What I would dearly love to see included in the new plugin is the option to select an option to output textures from SU like the INDIGO plugin does!!!

When you export from INDIGO it packages the textures from SU in a separate file and uses them in the rendering this allows that textures that have been colour changed in SU to be correctly exported.

For most users 90% of textures exported this way would suffice for most renders. At present it is necessary to correct all textures in photoshop and save a copy for use in texturing the SU model.

Sure you can use the automxm to assign materials from your mxm library but this requires creating mxm's for nearly all materials in scene, yet quick export and rendering is really slowed down by having to ensure all materials are created first.

I would suggest both options could be selectable. Where there is no MXM available the SU exported material is used. This is the current case but the original texture is used not the SU colour corrected version.

I think given INDIGO is free and utilises this feature it will romp over Maxwell quickly due to this feature being available and the ease of use. NextLimit keep up guys!!!!!

Richard
By fv
good point...I like to see people use SU6 and Maxwell and push NL to better performance.

Still. I totally miss the point and why poeple would render straight out of SU other than for very simple renderjobs.

For anything that requires sophisticated rendering like Maxwell can its a 100 times faster to go from Studio. I just import a basic model from SU and keep ading the things I model in SU as I go. The model in SU stays small and the model in Studio can be as nbig as you like. Editing textures in Studio is extremely fast, dumping one texture on a 100 objects is done in a few clicks for instance. A slightly larger model in SU takes a while to export to render, out of Studio the model renders almost directly. Also controlling the model in different imported files is much easier to control and check.

Well, maybe most users of SU6 are just doing small files of a few Mb's. I do a lot of interior modelling and its impossible to export the whole things in one go and then to find out there is a texture not complete. I am sure that anyone who takes the manual and studies Studio to work with will save tons of time on larger models and renderings.
By Richard
Mate I'm with you all the way!

Until now with the broken exporter I always used studio but now it just doesn't function from the export as you have found and reported.

Though I must say I have been using direct render from SU for a growing number of quick renders this allows me to pump out quickly fast simple do the job ok renders for material testing on exteriors.

I only use automxm where I have existing materials and thats about 10% of the finishes. The rest I Photoshop the material to correct colour and contrast and then save texture to same file name before export. PAIN.

Indigo will suit me now really well for this purpose and most of the SU community I think. If NL fix this then I can tell you I quickly change back.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]