By fv
Can I install the new plugin for SU6 to work with SU5?

I am going back to SU5 to save whats left of my clients after trying for weeks to get SU6 working. I had taken SU5 of my system and are doing a reinstall. I am afraid I have to go back to the old plugins that are no longer on the download page of Maxwell.

This is almost worse than the beta version we had. I am now on my 4th day trying to get a file to render. Hope I can get it SU5 working again with the old plugin.

Just a warning for those on SU6, be very carefull updating your workflow and getting stuck big time as I do. I have a 2.4 Mb file that can not be exported to Maxwell to render.
By fv
can anybody help. I am having a serious problem trying to reinstall SU5 and the plugins but I can't export any mxs files anymore. After the export there is no file created to render. I get a message in the log stating an error that Maxwell is not initiated. I can still export from SU6 but then the files in Studio are all messed up and the file I am working on out of SU6 just crashes before rendering.

I am desparate to get SU5 back to work with Maxwell. I think I can stall my client for a few days but after that I will just have to take my loss and let th client go without any work done.

Anyone with a step by step guide to get my system back on the road with just SU5 and Maxwell the way it was. Maybe completely uninstall SU6 plugin?
By Jacques
Hi,

Which OS are you working on?
By fv
osx
By Peder
Since no one seems to step up to help you out, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do for you?

I'm on a PC and do not have a lot of experience of Sketchup (using FormZ). We do have Sketchup where I work and another guy is using it.

Perhaps I could just open the SU file and export it to a .mxs file for you and then you can refine it further if you need to inside Studio? You can render out from Studio right?

If that would help send me the file at:
noononsense(alfakrull)macdotcom

Peder
By fv
great thanks, you are very appreciated. I am lost for my usual workflow but have resorted to change the way I assign materials. I am ok now, the models render but it took me about a week to change the models and get productie again. Next Limit should really get to work on their communications with their customers. This forum should at least have the occasonial "ok we are on to this bug" or that our comments are picked up and bugs recognized and scheduled for repairs.

The my project is secured government work and I can not send any file over the web. But your help is great and if I could just send over the file you would have it right now.

Keeping my fingers crossed some one at NL is bending his or her mind over this serious bug. You can hardly sell Maxwell to SU6 users like this and advertise the use of Studio as well.
By nicole
Hi fv, and everyone else,

I'm really sorry for this late response, I didn't see your post until now. Yes, we are aware of this bug and we are working on an update to fix it, which will be released asap.

Thanks.

Nicole
By fv
ok, that sounds good. The problem with SU6 and the textures has landed at Next Limit. Lets hope its fixed sooner than later. I have had to let go a few jobs though. The whole workflow getting things done out of SU in Maxwell had worn me out.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]