By fv
posted this as well in the bugs department.

i was just making a new cabinet in SU and saw that one of my rectangular objects had a grouped face attached to it. Strange, I deleted the face and draw a new one by click a new edge.

Maybe the problem of duplicated textures and objects lies within SU and not at export by the plugin. Its strange to see that SU by itself groups a face and makes the rectangular objects split in two, one grouped face and the rest as loose 5 regular faces.
By Sheik
fv wrote:Its strange to see that SU by itself groups a face and makes the rectangular objects split in two, one grouped face and the rest as loose 5 regular faces.
That does sound strange, but would explain the way the geomery gets exported to mxs. Do you have this problem only with this one model, or do you get these grouped faces in every model? (I havent had that problem in SU or the exort (XP)).
Sheik
By fv
It happend just once. When I corrected it it happened again a little while later. Only with that particular rectangular.

I hope they sort it out. Must also say that modeling in SU without any notion of the colors or materials is actually quicker. I have just asigned a key to the plugin and a folder with the mxm materials and quickly go through my components. Then in studio I adjust the projectors. I really like it very much that once the model gets bigger in Studio everything is very fast, camera set up, materials. In Studio you can just assign and reassign sets of objects and very quickly change renderoutput and do test renders. Straight out of SU all this is frustratingly slow.
What I also like is that in Studio you can alter the materials without altering the original material that are used in other renderings.

I wish Next Limit would give a notice this bug about the duplicating of objects and textures is going to be resolved.
By creasia
An interesting feature about Studio is the way it imports AutoCad DWG files.

If you are frustrated with material assignment in Sketchup, try assigning all your materials by layer in Sketchup and then exporting as an autocad file. On import to Studio, it automaticly lets you browse to your materials and assign them by layer.

Neat feature I'd say. I haven't tried the export from sketchup yet, but I'm sure it must work.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]