By fv
Now that i am using SU 6 I have found out I can no longer work in Studio because of an export bug. So I followed the advise of others to render straight out of SU. I find this so hard compared to working in Studio.

Example, I model in several files and then combined the parts in the final SU-model. But when I paste parts of the model holding simular textures the textures in SU are doubled and renamed. Now I have to exchange the textures into the ones that are subsituted by their MXM materials. This is a lot of extra work. Is it possible to exchange textures in SU without having to reposition the textures on the faces. Or is it possible in SU to paste a component or object with textures that are already in the file without duplicating and renaming the pasted in texture files.

Hope some one at Next Limit will let me know when or if the plugin is going to be updated. Maybe its best to go back to SU5.
By fv
I understand now that when pasting objects from file to file in SU the materials are not added in the "in model" library. Only when I close the file and open it again the materials are added. A bug in SU 6 I suppose. I also see that materials are not always as they show up in the material window. Not often but I have had to check to a lot recently with SU 6 having to reassign materials to objects.

The materials are not douplicated though and so this is fine. It all works but a bit shaky and by closing and opening the file again.

I am always having difficulties using glass in cabinets. The glas renders almost black or grainy. I haven't tested using AGS other than real panes of glass in buildings. Whish I could just use glass since the AGS is not always very nice. This topic has been discussed a lot but I still find it hard to find a workflow for glass that comes up with consistent results. In my renderings somtimes the glass is great and in the same view the same glass renders almost black or make me have to resort to long rendertimes.

(i am on a mac)
By fv
I have found way to export to Studio. Asign all materials not by SU materials but directly to mxm materials. Then the objects import properly.

Its a mess and the plugin should be updated as soon as possible but at least I am rendering again.

Next Limit should put out a warning that under OSX SU6 and Maxwell does not work and going back to SU5 can not be done. You can not export from SU5 and SU6 on the same machine.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]