By messire
Hi guys
I'm remaking all the SU textures according to the new system that has SU6 ( textures are embeded IN the material file .skm for EACH texture)

I'm having speed issue in the interface of SU: I am currently relinking all textures to the same folder where i store my arroway textures, and the .skm files get huge ( same size as the jpb + few k's for the skm details i guess)
This leads to a very slow material window interface in SU.. It keeps refreshing the materials everytime i click on something, and i really have no clue on how i shall work around this. I've added like 15 arroway textures in my wood section, and the wood folder in SU is already 32 Mb ! I have like 50 more textures to go, in almost EACH SU folder...
i wonder what i shall do?

i have thought of the following:
Get a copy of my MR textures folder, name it SU custom, and batch resize ALL textures inside by 70% so they are way lighter, then relink them SU skm to that folder.
Problem is that it doubles the chance to forget one texture etc afterwards... everytime i'll have to add the jpg high res into MR, then copy it, resize it, into its SU counterpart...

Any other one noticed this???
thnx
Nils
By fv
yes. that will work and you have no other option since indeed the large jpg files slow down SU too much.

I like Studio much better but now with the new SU6 materials are duplicated and object split into several ones at import in Studio which makes organising and texuring larger SU models very hard.

Hope the SU plugin is going to be updated soon
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]