By dyarza
Hi all,

Just installed the new "updated today" SU 2 M~R 1.6 for Mac. I am on an Intel MacBook Pro.

There seems to be a problem with the physical sky, like the GMT offset is not working well. The SU plugin has always been very straight forward with no need to set anything, M~R would take the location and time-date from SU, and for the first time I am having this problem.

I am also running SU6 at work on Win XP and it works just fine.

Anybody else is having this problem?

Thanks,
By dyarza
Yep!

It looks like a GMT offset problem. I tried a location in England (GMT 0) and the sunlight works just fine. Rendered a location near Seattle (GMT -8) and comlete night time.

In the Cinema4D plug-in there is a GMT offset option but I am not seeing such a thing in the SU plug-in, nor have I ever needed to do it before. Something is missing in the plug-in.

D
By dyarza
SketchUp does not account for daylight savings and M~R does... or is it the other way around?

Anyway, during DST dates, there is a one hour difference between the SketchUp shadows and the rendered shadows in M~R.

Beyond that, it still seems that the MAC version of the SketchUp plug in is not using the GMT offset. I haven't gone back to try because I have been using it at work on Win XP.

Please let us know what you find if you experiment further.

Thanks,
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]