By Sheik
Opening the Browser and Wizards from the SU plugins folder is really slow (caused by Ruby), so you may have to wait a minute. On the other hand it can be the same changes to Ruby and IntelMacs that caused the export problem, and probably also the textures problems.

I posted some texture tips/questions in the previous thread. Did you have time to test if they solve anything?

Instead of opening the Material Editor (MXED includes the browser & wizards) from the SU/plugins menu I open it from the normal start menu. It starts faster, runs smoother, and you can keep it open as you work in SU.

Sheik
By Michel Wuest
Sheik wrote:I posted some texture tips/questions in the previous thread. Did you have time to test if they solve anything?Sheik
no, not jet. I trie it later. Thak's anyway.
By tok
Tis is the export result on my machine:

By Jacques
Michel,

The following worked for me:

Quit SketchUp.

Edit the MaxwellExport.rb file (probably here: /Library/Application\ Support/Google\ SketchUp\ 6/SketchUp/Plugins/MaxwellExport.rb) with a text editor as follows:

Under the section/title 'Open Maxwell Material Editor in browser mode' replace the path '/Applications/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -brw' with '/Applications/Maxwell/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -brw'

Under the section/title 'Open Maxwell Material Editor in wizard mode' replace the path '/Applications/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -wizard' with '/Applications/Maxwell/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -wizard'

Save the edited file.

Start SketchUp.

Hope that works for you.

J
By Michel Wuest
Jacques wrote:Edit the MaxwellExport.rb file (probably here: /Library/Application\ Support/Google\ SketchUp\ 6/SketchUp/Plugins/MaxwellExport.rb) with a text editor as follows:

Under the section/title 'Open Maxwell Material Editor in browser mode' replace the path '/Applications/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -brw' with '/Applications/Maxwell/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -brw'

Under the section/title 'Open Maxwell Material Editor in wizard mode' replace the path '/Applications/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -wizard' with '/Applications/Maxwell/mxed.app/Contents/MacOS/mxed -wizard'

Save the edited file.

Start SketchUp.
:D :D :D
Thank's a lot Jacques. The edited "MaxwellExport.rb" file works on my Computer too. Great. You should send the corrected Ruby-Script-File to Maxwell.

And Sheik, the opening-time needs aubout one second !!! (Not a minute, like on your Computer)

Cool, thanks again a lot.
By turgeman
thanks jacques! i had the same problem.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]