By Papyrus
not work on my macpro :(
By Jake256
I don't think it works on any macs with SketchUp 6. It does the same thing on my older macs and SketchUp 6.
By Nigel Baker
Hello All

Yes same here.
I am working in SU6 but saving as SU4 then opening the file there and exporting it to Maxwell to render.

Regards,
Nigel.
By Burkhard
seems they only change the installation path to Google/SU6
By nachob
There was an error in the sketchup plug-in for osx on intel as this thread says. The problem has been solved and the file in the download section should work on any mac (intel or ppc).

Sorry for the inconveniences

nachob
By Nigel Baker
Yes, its back working again.
Everything is there and it also exports and the materials test I have just done so far works too.

Thats brilliant.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Nigel.
By Jake256
nachob wrote:There was an error in the sketchup plug-in for osx on intel as this thread says. The problem has been solved and the file in the download section should work on any mac (intel or ppc).

Sorry for the inconveniences

nachob
Well I hate to rain on your parade Nachbob, but I have tried to install on two different computers and the .mxm export option does not show up on my G5 or my 17 in powerebook. I have place the two files included in the Google 6 SketchUp plugins folder and nothing is showing up from 6.

I'm not sure what Nigel did to get his to work, but I sure would appreciate a heads up on any tips or tricks. I have installed all the past plugins without incident. This one does not want to cooperate.
By Nigel Baker
Hi Jake,

Yes well first off just to make sure I am running OS X.4.8
Using SketchUp 6 and Maxwell 1.1

What I had actually done before reading the install list fully was place the plugin into my application support Plugins folder and then decided to read the install that mentioned to place it in the package file of the SK6, (do you know what this is, or where to find it?)

I did not bother to delete the plugin or the rb file that I had copied earlier into the folders and just left them. maybe this has something to do with it.
But it is working so there is hope, have you tried to reboot your machie and clear yopur Prameters also, just to flush the memory clear?

Get back to me…

Regards,
Nigel.
By Jake256
Nigel,

I updated to 1.1 last week and have 10.4.8. The plugin works fine in 5, but just does not show up in the 6 export options. Same with my g4. Do you have your plugins in the user library of the system library?

I do not know what they mean by the "package file". Very mysterious. There seems to be frequent lapses in solid communication fom Maxwell. The only package that can think of is the SketchUp installation package which can't be altered. I think there is a translation problem.

Do you have the MaxwellContext.rb in your plugin folder as well? I've tried the reboot, but maybe I'll go throught he entire sequence again and see what happens.
By Nigel Baker
Hi Jake,

The package contents is found in the following way.
Go to your Sketchup 6 Application,
Right Click on it and scroll down to >Show Package Contents
That will open up a hidden folder and there you will see one folder called contents, Yes?

Open >Contents Folder >
You will see a 4 Folders and 2 other files.
open the Plugins Folder and place the "SkpToMXS.plugin" plugin in here.
This is apparently instead of the old way of placing it in the Library >Application Support > SketchUp > plugins Folder,

Get back to me on this… I will stay around until you have it fixed.

regards,
Nigel.
By Jake256
Nigel, I got it to work.

This is the deal. You right click on the the SketchUp application and do a "show package contents" and you then install in the plugins folder in the APPLICATION, not the regular plugins folder.

It is clear in the readme file, but I have read thos so many times that I glossed over that fact. This is a different plugin installation than the usual drag and drop in the past.

Anyway nachob, you can continue with your parade. It does show up.

Nigel, if you didn't do this then I don't know how in the world you have been able to get it to work. Thanks for the help anyway. Your work is extraordinary.

Nathan, my fellow office buddy, thanks for making me read the instructions a bit closer.
By Nigel Baker
Hi Jake,

Delighted you have it working.
No I had done the same as yourself but half way through I thought I would read the
file to see if anything new was required.

Its good to have it working again, thats for sure.

Regards,
Nigel.
By Michel Wuest
:D :D
Thank's now it's working.

Yust the little "Univesal-Binary-Icon" at the download-Section is missing.. 8) 8)
By Jake256
With the new version of SketchUp I guess it's going in the plugin folder IN the application package. Threw me to for a couple weeks until Nigel and Nathan shook that brain cell loose.

Seems to work pretty well too. Need to get the material database thing organized properly now.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]