By Nigel Baker
Hi there,

Yes noticed that some times some of the materials render correctly and other times they seem not to render at all or a different variation of the texture ie texture colour is rendering but the actual texture itself or image is missing.

We shall work onwards and onwards.

Regards,
Nigel.
By Sheik
I’m glad the hear you have the plugin working also with SU6 & Mac. Thanks nachob! Let see if we can get the textures working also.

The texture export works fine on my PC.
If you export without assigning mxm to faces, or by using automxm, the texture should also be exported:
-If the map is embedded in the SKP file, or in the library of SU6, (ie if the bitmap is not available as a separate bitmap) the exporter should create a folder (named: skpfilename textures), and extract the bitmap there. To se what is wrong you can open the mxs file in MaxwellStudio, and open the material in the materials editor.
See if the map is in the reflectance 0 slot, and is it in use. Will it render in the preview?
-If the bitmap is already on your harddrive, and the SU materials path is linked to that map, then the texture should not be extracted. The mxm should link to that same bitmap.
-If you are linking to an mxm, and the textures don’t show up in the render you should again look in the editor (in Studio) if the bitmaps are linked to the correct location. (I think the render will actually fail if the mxm texture can not be found).

-Are the materials that don’t render correctly using rgb bitmap in a format Maxwell recognises?
-Note that imported bitmaps must be exploded to materials before export.
-Apply materials on the face level.
-Are the problems on Intelimacs only, or all Macs? Anyone with the same problems on PC?
Sheik
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]