By Jake256
I'm on a mac.

This is what I get when I try to run a file without assigning materials to everything. It fails, no surprise, but the path name in the error indicates it's looking for a materials in a windows version, not mac. Am I seeing that correctly?

MAXWELL Engine version 1.1 UB
Licensed To Jeffrey R. Jacobs

>> Num processors: ( logical: 2, physical: 2 )

Reading MXS File: /Users/jakework/Desktop/Untitled.mxs
MXS file read successfully

>> Checking Data...
>> Loading Bitmaps & Preprocessing Data...
>> Error: Bitmap File not found ( C:\Program Files\@Last Software\SketchUp\Materials\Wood-cherry.jpg )
>> Render Failed.
By thomas lacroix
maybe its because maxwell dont like relative path
you should check if the path if an reltive or an absolut one, at least that the way it works with cinema 4d ... :(
By dyarza
Are those bitmaps in MXM materials? I bet it is the relative path deal.

Reading about this in the past has forced me to have all bitmaps and mxm files in one specific path and set it up as the path in the plug in. It is not perfect not being able to have bitmaps and materials specificaly in a location for each project, but so far it seems to work.

If rendering models with the SketchUp materials, it seems not to like if you apply a material to a group, but if you do so first and then group it gets the material just fine, and you don't have to use mxm, which for quick studies works fine.

Other than that, kudos to NL. I love the speed on my Macbook Pro. It is so much fun watching the two cpus at 100%

Thank you, thank you, now I am just waiting for the C4D plug-in and it will be all good.

Cheers,
By Jake256
I think this is the problem: I created the SketchUp file on one partition adding materials etc. I then moved the model many months ago to a different partition. I opened it as a test when the new plugin was released so the the path to the material has changed.

Regardless, the error message is very Windows like in it's path naming conventions. I don't think this is right for a Mac version. Something is coded wrong?
By dyarza
I agree, it must be a default error that was made for the windows version and never got updated. In any case it shows you who leads the development.
By makeArchitecture
I get the same error message.

I will point this out to NExtlimit.

I am not optimistic that I will get one rendering out of this product.
By dyarza
Don't give up yet. I am having lots of luck with it, albeit staying away from MXM for the time being. If the path issues get resolved on the Mac you will get renderings out.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]