By messire
Juan,
Sketchup users numbers are growing HUGE day by day since google bought it over, and now there is Vray coming into the game, plus Kerhitrea, podium and other rendering software that begin to understand that googleSU might be a mass 3D solution for the next decade....

- How do you consider Maxwell will be able to cope with competition if not much happens in the plug in developpment?
- Don't you think it would be worth getting more time spent in that field?

I have seen lots and lots 3D software since i started with zoom + stratavision long ago, and i can definitely say Sketchup is taking everyone by slow but steady surprise ( in arch field, i have not a single friend with a business that does not use sketchup: everyone got converted)
I am confident the SU+MR combination is by far ( thnx for mxm's) the best combination there is for arch doing renders themselves meanwhile they design the project... so i wouldn't want to let us down on this, and let competition propose something similar...

Please let us know what SU dev you have going on for Maxwell...

thnx!
Nils
By fv
I agree on this 100%

I must also add that for me the plugin works great as it is. Most of my work is done in Studio and I export my SU-models in partitions into Studio. Texturing and camera's I do in Maxwell since that is so much faster. I don't even have complete models in SU anymore, just use SU as a quick model maker.

I wish though that Maxwell would handle components as components. Wish I could use layers as in SU and also wish a better control over the sides of faces and that the faces of components don't flip in Maxwell when they are mirrored in SU. That is such a bad bug when using emitters in components.

Maxwell is a high end rendertool that will never be used all that much by the average SU user. Its takes a good mind and interest to build textures and lighting conditions.
By nicole
Hi pwrdesign,

I've just sent you a PM with the download link, hope it helps!

Cheers,

Nicole
By cheffey
I'd like to download it as well. Can you send me the link in PM? Or is there an email in the works?
By andrekrige
Download link is dead and the old links does not show the update.

Please PM, thanks

Andre
By Onslaught
download link is still down.

pls. PM

Thanks
By nicole
Hi guys,

i'm sorry if I caused any confusion here - I sent pwrdesign a link to download the current ("old") version of the SU plug-in... the new version is not out yet and will probably be released sometime next week. Once it's released, you will receive a notification by email with the download link. If any of you need the download link to get the current version of the SU plug-in, please let me know and I'll send a PM.

Thanks!

Nicole
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]