By fv
great we have he universal binary and a new version.
now we got to wait for the sketchup plugin. i was wondering if i can still use the plugin as was to generate mxm files and then open them them in studio and work from there.

i am in a big project and would love the speedgain this weekend. hmm...maybe better not to update before and wait till after this project.

anybody has any experience to share would be most welcome.

strange the increase in renderspeed is mostly for g5 machines and was mentioned in the announcement. i would expect an increase on my macintel. well, lets wait and see.
By dyarza
I am finding it not to work. When I try to export an mxs it does not write, and instead I get a log file which has the following error:

Maxwell: Method object.setTriangleUVW, Error: Maxwell not initialized

and on, and on...

So I can't even write an mxs that I can bring into Studio. At this point I think that I am forced to export OBJ or 3DS and import to Studio... which I really do not want to do.

D
By fv
can you bring older mxm files into the new studio to render in maxwell. i can understand the plugin not to work since it interacts with maxwell while exporting. i have have more systems to work with so i thought i can export using by current version of maxwell and then bring the mxm file to new binary on my laptop to render. hope that works for now.
for those working with one computer maybe the best tging to do is wait for the new SU-plugin to arrive.
thanks for your response though, i havent had to try anyting myself yet.
i will post my experiences later today.
By fv
good news, i am rendering my sketchup files just great with the new binary version. huge improvement, under studio and maxwell.

for those with only one system you will have to wait. the current SU plugin doesn't work anymore, not at all, can no longer export mxm files to render or handle in studio. i have two systems and keep my imac G5 for exporting mxm files from SU and i use my macbookpro to render and do studio work with the files produced with my imac.

the universal binary is the most impressive update i have seen so far and the speedgain huge. also working in studio is much and much better. i am happy to have invested my time in maxwell. now all i need is cash for more CPU's and mostly more RAM.
By dyarza
I agree that the performance increase is quite impressive, and I am happy about that, but not being able to export out of SketchUp is a bummer. It was so easy to set up.

D
By tok
Installed new version, tried to export from SU, result: "Error: Maxwell not initialized". Not really suprising.

STOP! The moment I posted this, the export suddenly decided to work - heaven knows why.
By fv
tell me more, does it keep exporting, maybe there is an easy fix.
By tok
It keeps exporting; all I did after it refused to was restarting my G5.

But there are other enigmatic phenomena. For instance: mx materials will not open the editor anymore when I click them; I must start the mxed first and then load the material. (Moreover, the editor doesn't start from the applications folder anymore, and it doesn't start from the Sketchup menu at all.) If I export a material Max doesn't render it - even if I didn't change any adjustment. Also, resetting Materials in Sketchup doesn't seem to be reliably executed though it's claimed to be.

Cr@pwell again.
By fv
good, i havent tried it myself yet since my laptop is rendering for a project to finish this week.
su needs a new plugin thats clear but at least you can export to studio.

i have this strange problem that i can not save or load images or files in mxcl. so what i do now is to play with the emitters in multilight just before the scene is done. after its done i can no longer change the lighting and save the image. so i have to go back and forth to my saved file and dump in somewhere else on the disk before it being updated and overwritten.

maxwell is actually a trainings program for monks, patience and utter mind control. wish sometimes someone at nextlimit would stop all creative thinking and spend the next year just stabilising this package into someting solid and simple to use. i find myself on this forum getting involved with unix prgrammers instead of designers talking about colour and shape. maybe thats why 90% of the images are just regualar bedrooms and existing structures instead of anything truly new and original. sorry about that, i am just a bit frustrated with maxwell now and then.
By Jake256
fv wrote:good, i havent tried it myself yet since my laptop is rendering for a project to finish this week.
su needs a new plugin thats clear but at least you can export to studio.
You can? My SketchUp plugin will not write an mxs file now. Same problem as Dyarza–just get a log file.

Maxwell pops open and this is what the console says:

MAXWELL Engine version 1.1 UB
Licensed To Jeffrey R. Jacobs

>> Num processors: ( logical: 1, physical: 1 )

Reading MXS File: /Volumes/Current Projects/maxwell test/untitled.mxs
Error: MXS file does not exists

And the console is correct – there is no mxs file. What's up with that?
By fv
no, i still can't but tok can. i don't know how he does that.

something else is i tried to render a file at max 900x600 in multilight and i could do 4000x3000 without multilight. if i had know that before i would not have rendered my project in multilight. multilight really needs ram memory. now i only try multilight to adjust the definite settings before rendering without multiligt checked at high resolution. i have a macbook pro with 2Gb ram. well, this was not the topic of this thread.
By makeArchitecture
I cannot get any results either.

I will try on my G5 again.

This is really a huge waste of time. $500, countless hours and nothing to show for it.

maxwell remains beta software

Wm
By dyarza
Under the updated plug-in it works very well. Make sre to get the update.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]