By Sheik
I’m using both automxm and the panel, and I think we need both. I don’t use the mxm linking from the panel often, but the plastic & metal conversion/wizard I use all the time. The conversions were re-designed to the latest plugin (or was it the previous one?) and now works nicely. I would like to see more conversions/wizards in the panel in the future.
By marked001
its the only thing i use.. actually, have never tried automxm....
By fv
intersting, can you show a little of your work to get an idea ?

Still interested if others share my view.
By marked001
i dont 100% remember how automxm works....honestly, up until a year or so ago, i did all of my texturing in studio..haha. so this is one step..maybe i'll use automxm one of these days.. but to me, its easier to just go through the material pane and link it to mxm's i've created or downloaded than to make sure all the file names are the same and stuff... if i'm correct in how it works...
By creasia
I had bugs with the earlier versions of automxm, so I use the material panel all the time.

I have been getting a great deal of bugs with large scenes and large textures. I have been like a teenager. Once the limits are set I want to push them till they break. I should really be sharing more of my scenes with Pavol, because I think that if he can get the plugin to work on my scenes, then he will have fixed a ton of issues. I still can't seem to get my terra-cotta warriors scene to work out.

I am very pleased with instancing and proxies, but the texturing, image and geometry exporting is a hassle.

Do you guys know of a way to export instances properly if they are within a component. I find that I need to explode objects like roof tiles to get them to instance properly.
By numerobis
i only use automxm... works fine for me :D

yes instances are still a problem importing the mxs into studio. direct render is ok. so... no way to use studio atm... :cry:
i have imported my trees, cars and people into sketchup and use proxy instancing with them.
but yes... bigger scenes are a bigger problem. :roll:

i'm still hoping for a fix of the component bug with studio... and a region render option in sketchup - this is what i'm really missing in sketchup ...but i don't think that it's possible to realise - at least not so easy.
By Richard
I previously counted completely on the automxm feature and now not at all!

I really find it faster to go through and link materials - this way I can test material options quickly and make fast changes.

I would love to see the development of a material list / link table - where each material in the scene is tabled and the corresponding MXM listed with it so one can check all SU materials have been assigned an MXM or where none assigned the option to check the conversion option and assign values to the material options!
By fv
I agree completely.
Its a shame there is only a dialog box with colors. On a Mac I have to hoover my cursor over the colors and wait to see the material name. A big hassle. Somekind of plugin with a more spreadsheet like control over materials would imrpove my workflow considerably.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]