By Richard
Thanks to President Mihai and lab rat KurtS both for some tips with dsiplacement!

This experiment took very little time to work with the roof tiles but lots and lots of trial and error to get the capping tile map correct.

By Stinkie7000
I'm looking around the net to find a forum where you haven't posted this yet, but it seems I can't find one! :D IT LOOKS GOOD, RICHARD!

Seriously, though, it does.
By numerobis
looks very good! :D
could you show the map?
By Richard
Mate this is a section of the tile map and the simple cap map!

I put the black line under the tiles to try and force a shadow to give a look of the tiles stacking!

By tom
I really thought I'm looking at a photo. :shock:
By x_site
second reply to this post but i must say that is very impressive... how about trying some portuguese roof tiles?
By numerobis
very cool! thanks Richard! :D
By Richard
thanks guys lots of trial and error for my first test!

@Tom

Mate I'm not sure why though I have a funny edge to the ridge tiles (the end face) that is very dark as you can see on one side but not the other and for the life of me I can't see why. My disp map and colour maps are symmetrical, it doesn't seem to be shadow dependant! Stumped.

I have a very fine gradient to that face to force it under perpendicular to the map so that the solid colour on that line of the colour map fills that face as opposed to the long side where a solid colour is used to define the tile thickness. A lighter colour then defines the mortar bedding. But as you can see some error in my process is occuring down the capping end!

Any ideas would be helpful!
By Mihai
If you could send a scene with just the ridge tile geometry and that map, perhaps there's something weird with the base geometry. Or send the whole roof if you can.
By Richard
Shall do Mihai!

I've got to adjust my laptop settings. Just looked at this image for the first time on my desktop monitor and man is it dark!
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]