Everything related to the integration for SketchUp.
By Sebastien Gauthier
Hi! I would like to know how to create a realistic translucent fabric texture for curtains! (as you can see on the picture)
I use Maxwell render for Sketchup and I'm not able to find the right customisation of Characters (Automatic, Opaque, Glass, etc) in the Scene Manager options.

Thank you for you help!

By CDRDA
Sebastien Gauthier wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:05 pm
Hi! I would like to know how to create a realistic translucent fabric texture for curtains! (as you can see on the picture)
I use Maxwell render for Sketchup and I'm not able to find the right customisation of Characters (Automatic, Opaque, Glass, etc) in the Scene Manager options.
Hi Sebastien,

The SketchUp material editor is sadly not fully featured, so complicated materials are not possible to achieve. I mean, I have never found a place for a roughness map! I create all my materials directly in the Maxwell Material editor and use them as referenced materials in Sketchup. This way I get all the features of Maxwell. If you are not sure how to get referenced materials into SketchUp, in the Maxwell scene manager, materials tab, there should be an MXM button in the top right. When you click on that, there should be a yellow folder icon lower down and then you can navigate to your MXM material from there.

With that being said, the easiest way to create the effect you need is to use a black and white mask on the Opacity/Mask of each layer, or a % amount. This is essential if you have a material with 2 different materials in it. For a more realistic effect, you can use SSS with the correct attenuation etc. There are some tutorials for that around somewhere and some good, if slightly difficult to understand information in the documentation.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]