Everything related to the integration for SketchUp.
I made also a support request, so NL will probably respond (like they did before and quick I might add and to their credit). But I like to inform and update the curious sketchup and studio forum dwellers about the new version 5.0.

I am working on a 2018 Macbook Pro, MacOS Mojave 10.14.5, 2.9 Ghz Intel Core I9 with a Radion Pro Vega 20 - 4GB, with the latest Sketchup Pro 2019-2 and the new installed Maxwell 5.00 Mac OS version plugin for Sketchup and the Studio version
All attempts to render with FIRE, the Plugin Sketchup to Maxwell Render or in Studio, etc result in crashing out immediately. The same is happening when working in Mxed 5.0.
I am giving up for the moment. Bugs are to be expected in this fase of introduction I guess.

I made a clean install of plugins Sketchup, Studio and Mxed in separate folders with added Licenses. So no interferences with the installed versions of Maxwell 4 should happen.

Can anyone shed any light on how to advance and make it work??
I am stopped in my tracks from trying to explore version 5.0 for now and have to reinstall version 4, I think.
Was especially curious about Randomizing Textures in the new version, but aside from the interfaces Random Color and UV's in the procedural Materials, there is no additional information to be found at this moment. Luis, is it possible that you inform us about the workings of the new interfaces for these random procedural textures?

Any quick reply would be appreciated.

For now I will wait patiently for a NL-response

Andreas
AndreasAM wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:52 pm
Was especially curious about Randomizing Textures in the new version, but aside from the interfaces Random Color and UV's in the procedural Materials, there is no additional information to be found at this moment. Luis, is it possible that you inform us about the workings of the new interfaces for these random procedural textures?
We did a final test on Catalina yesterday and it was working fine. We have people testing Mojave right now.
I'm planning to do some scenes and text about random procedural textures. I don't know if we are going to publish it on the documentation or blog, but I'm on it.
Hello,

We have updated the documentation with a new entry about the Random Color procedural texture (thank you Luis for all the help! :wink: )
You can find it here: https://nextlimitsupport.atlassian.net/ ... ndom+Color
We hope you like it. It's very powerful!

The information regarding Random UVs will come next.

Kind regards,
Fernando
Hello Fernando,

To follow up on your promise of documentation of Random UV's-function.
When can we expect it?

I tested it with some materials, but how to use offset and the texture-map to its full potential, in combination with the project properties and/or other texturemapping of the material, is still not clear for me.

Some assistance or a proper documentation would be very helpful.

The Random Color documentation was very precise and clear. So you set the bar high already!!

Thanks anyway,
greetings,

Andreas
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]