Everything related to the integration for SketchUp.
By CDRDA
Hey There,

Rather annoyingly I have been notified by a plugin that there is a new version of SketchUp rather than Trimble themselves!

On that note, the usual question of when and IF Maxwell will be updated to SU2022? A rough estimate will be good to know as this is the first year I am on subscription for SU and am worried that Trimble may enforce an upgrade. That would obviously be catastrophic for my business without an updated Maxwell Render plugin version.

So hopefully this year SU have not changed the Ruby version again and a new plugin can be compiled with relative ease.

A belated happy new year to you all!
By Forum Moderator
Hello,

It seems this time it will be easy to get the update. We are working on it.
Actually, in the meantime, if you copy the plugin files from SketchUp 2021 to SketchUp 2022, it will work right away.

On Windows, you can copy the maxwell folder and maxwell.rb file from C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins to C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2022\SketchUp\Plugins and it should work.
On MacOS, you can copy the files from /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Plugins into /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/Plugins

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Fernando
By hwolfejr
FANTASTIC NEWS

I copied the files as noted, the ribbon loaded and it seems to work just fine.
I'll let you know if I find any glitches.

Regards,
Herman
By CDRDA
Well that is a pleasant surprise given Trimble usually do something to make a recompile necessary. Thanks for the good news Fernando!

I will also give the copying method a try in Windows.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]