Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By Randy Primozic
Is it just me or are others finding the new interface in Rhino 7 and Maxwell frustrating? I much preferred the Rhino 5 set up. Now I model in 7 but render using 5.
By val_zulo
Can someone explain to me how to set which texture map is diplayed in "rendered" viewport. In previous version that was the last texture that is selected - clicked in map editor (rhino_v5). This in v7 display alway the "wrong" texture - as reflactive map or bump map. I just want to display "main texture"- so i can not easy fine tune map object.
By Forum Moderator
Hello Val,

Click once on the checker icon of the texture you want to preview in the viewport. It will be framed in blue in the editor and visible in the viewport. If you click again, it will be disabled and the main color will be visible.

@Randy Primozic. It was not our choice to change the interface but we were forced to rebuild the plugin from scratch because the old plugin was based on an SDK that was deprecated in Rhino 6. The new plugin is built using the tools and SDK Rhino provides and is more integrated into Rhino components. Of course, there's room for improvement. We think it feels a bit slow in comparison, but there are also many interesting things packed into it.
What are you finding more difficult?

Best regards,
Fernando
By val_zulo
@fernardo: thanks for info - but this is for embed materials - this works as in previous version. When I import material just as reference material - there is a problem. Once again thanks.
By Forum Moderator
Oh, yes. In the case of the referenced materials, the plugin shows the texture that is marked for preview in the mxm file.

This where you can choose the texture:
Texture for preview in MXED.jpg
To tell the truth, it is not very comfortable to change, as you have to edit the material, wait for the material to open in the MXED, change it and save it. I'll check with the developer in case it's possible to show a list of the textures available for preview in the material (although I guess it would increase the loading time for the referenced materials).

Cheers!
Fernando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Achim Reifer
The integration is working better and better.

I recently tried to work also with Rhino Lights, because they are quiet easy to handle. Is there any difference between using Rhino Lights or Maxwell Emitting Materials besides more controls in the latter? In my opinion since Maxwell Render is a precise but slow render the workflow has to be as simple as possible and "idiot proof"

Great would be a button where once you are rendering an image and changing light intensities and colors you can import/set those values also into Rhino, so you don't have to change them manually in Rhino before you start the next render.

PS: I noticed that on the mac Maxwell Render is crashing when you edit light values via Keyboard input (you put in the numbers). Maxwell 5.2.6.2, Rhino mac 7.16.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]