Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By Liena Silina
Help!

I’m using Rhino for Mac 5 together with Maxwell for Rhino 4 plug-in. Have been working with both for 2 years.
Recently I updated my OS to macOS Catalina. And suddenly the Maxwell Plug-in is missing.
It’s still located in the Rhino App folder - /Users/ YOURUSERNAME /Library/Application Support/McNeel/Rhinoceros/MacPlugIns.
But not in Rhino under Render - Current Renderer.

I re-installed both. But no success.

I would really appreciate any solutions or recommendations!
Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 22.08.10.png
Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 22.07.30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Forum Moderator
Hello Liena,

I have already replied to your support case, but I'll leave the information here too.

This is caused by the new security measures included in Catalina. If you kept your Maxwell Render installer, you will be able to install it. For the plugin, you can try with this notarized version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lVQJr ... N8Gc1sMqCu

In your case, it has worked.

The problem comes when you have to download both installers, as the required version of Maxwell is not notarized and it is tagged as "invalid" when it is downloaded.

An alternative, if you have a Windows machine in the same network, is to download the Maxwell Render installer from the Windows machine (so it is not tagged as "invalid" and then move it to the Mac machine through the local network. Then install the not-notarized version of Maxwell and the notarized version of the plugin (from the link above).

I hope it helps.

Best,
Fernando
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]