Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By Jonathan Miller
Will V5 for Rhino bring back integrated materials in rhino? The Use-ability of the upgrade from rhino 5 to rhino 6 has been painful. So much so that I had to get Another render program to compensate just to finish projects.
Has this been resolved or is it pretty much the same plugin I’m using now?
Please :)
By Jonas Mattes
Also interested in this, looking at the change notes for Maxwell 5 it looks like the rhino plugin is more or less the same as before?
By Jonathan Miller 20191030212951
Hey guys... sitting here with Maxwell 5 and I'm a little confused. I don't see much improvement, if any. I see a few added features up at the menu, but not any improvement, which is what has been needed. I'm kinda left in the dark here because the release notes for Rhino, well, they are the old ones from the V4 plugin a few weeks ago. So, I'm a little confused here. Did Rhino get left behind again?
Maybe more importantly, I still have -0- access to any Maxwell materials in the Rhino, a feature that was working on the first release of the rhino 6 plugin for v4, then dissapeared on the next rev, and is still missing it in V5....leaving me pretty bummed right now. I feel like most of the improvements were based around materials and lighting, and without these features integrated in the plugin, they don't really exist.
Can you please help me understand what is going on and what I should have expected?
How can I use Maxwell Materials in Rhino 6?
By Edwin C
In our office here, despite the fact we have Rhino 6 we are still using Rhino 5 only because of the Maxwell 4 plugin works.
But the Maxwell 4 plugin for Rhino 6 workflow is still not at a level to that of the workflow we have for R5 /M4. The main reason is the materials .
So to go get the upgrade to Maxwell 5 seems pointless unless we can be convinced that it Rhino plugin will work to that level as we are accustomed to or higher.
By luis.hijarrubia
Rhino 6 for maxwell 4 and Maxwell 5 releases have been very close, and only a few improvements have been made to the plugin, like the Emitters group for multilight. But the material editor is our top priority development for Rhino6 plugin right now.
By Jonas Mattes
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 am
Rhino 6 for maxwell 4 and Maxwell 5 releases have been very close, and only a few improvements have been made to the plugin, like the Emitters group for multilight. But the material editor is our top priority development for Rhino6 plugin right now.
Thats good to hear, is there a timeline how soon we can expect the Rhino6 plugin to feature materials? Also are you planing on bringing back Maxwell Extensions and Blocked Emitters?

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]