Everything related to the integration for Maya.
By pascal@deis.fr
Hi,
I finally got the Maxwell5 Maya plugin, OSX version.
First work with it. Absolutely nothing new... except some new limitations about extensions (grass, athmospheric etc.) can't assign a shader.

But the really serious issue is following :

The MXS export doesn't work.
Some hidden object appear (even invisible layers),
some normal objects disappear,
a lot of shader assignments disappear.

I fortunately could find a turnaround, reinstalling the 4.22 plugin...

So,
I bought 4 licenses of Maxwell 5 (3 Maya + 1 rhino) in october 2019.
I got what I paid in may 2020
Absolutely nothing new inside (mac)
and...
Does't work. Cannot use as is.

Do you think I'm a satisfied customer ?
I'm a maxwell user since the beta version, untill the V3, everything was perfect.
And since the V4, I'm really disapointed.
And I don't think I'm alone .

Please check, and do something
By Forum Moderator
Hello,

I can reproduce the problem with the volumetrics, but none of the others.

In the case of the grass, I can assign the materials, but you have to select the node and assign the material to it. Please, check this image:

Mac grass Maya.jpg
By the way, you can now disable the Grass, Scatter and Subdivision modifiers individually:

Mac grass Maya activate deactivate.jpg
Regarding the mxs export, there have been some changes there too. Now the export to Studio, the Pack and Go and the export to mxs only export what you have selected if there is something selected; if there is nothing selected, it will export everything.

Also, now, it is exporting the group structure and the hidden objects in the scene. So if you have grouped objects in the scene, in Studio the same structure will be preserved using Maxwell groups.

I don't discard that a bug could have slipped through, though; if taking these things into account, are you still getting strange behavior when exporting the objects, please let us know.

Regarding new things, you now have Maxwell Cloud, the Substance Painter assistant (through a referenced mxm for the moment), Random UV and Random Color procedural textures, from the Maxwell side (apart from the GPU improvements which don't apply to Mac); from the plugin side, on top of the improvements mentioned above, now the File Path Editor tool also takes into account the referenced mxs and mxm so you can now repath some or all of them to a different folder using this tool.

I hope this helps. We'll try to fix the problem with the volumetrics asap.

Best,
Fernando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]