Everything related to the integration for Maya.
By mjcherry
Do Maya lights not work with v5? I'm on OS X so I don't have a v5 plugin yet, however, I am exporting the scene as an MXS to render in Studio v5. Maya lights are not working.

Best,

Matthew
By Nasok
I've recently exported Maya scene to Maxwell V5 studio with a few Maya area lights (light panels) - works fine.
Altho - I used manually built Maxwell material for those lights with HDR image as a source.

Also, as you know not all Maya light types are supported generally by Maxwell 🤓
Only Point, Spot and Area lights are supported (as upon export Maxwell automatically generated geometry and emitter material for those) - https://nextlimitsupport.atlassian.net/ ... a+-+Lights
By mjcherry
My problem came when using Maya spot lights. It may very well be a problem I'm having that is unrelated to Maxwell. I find Maxwell spotlights difficult to use compared to Maya's.
By Nasok
🤔 spot lights - should work fine :)
I never liked them much honestly ... I know they could be useful in some scenarios.
Maya's spotlights have very good position controls with targets and "see through selected" - it is bit more tricky to arrange them in Studio.

What exactly isn't working there ? Emitter Material ? maybe it's the intensity ? or associated textures ?
By mjcherry
It's been wonky generally. Here is today's issue. I'm pointing the spot light at a specific spot, however, the light is going in a totally different direction (see attached images which I hope will illustrate the issue).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]