Everything related to Studio
By rosshummel
I am trying to create a stacked limestone block wall with displacement. It appears that the texture renders differently on different sides of the 'wall' I created. On the thinner side of the wall it is 'striated' and on the other side it is not. I have attached pictures of both rendered results as well as a shot of the displacement map settings used for the render. Also, the geometry is from a sketchup model and is rendering in Maxwell Fire. Any help appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By CDRDA
First thing to check would be if you get the same result with the production renderer rather than FIRE, or the draft engine. Sometimes you can get some strange results. Mainly for me this has been when using some Subsurface scattering in plants and flowers, but the final render works out just fine.

Also, have you made sure that the sketchup geometry has the correct normals ie. white faces on the outside? How subdivided is the sketchup model? You may want to look into increasing the subdivisions on the geometry itself and reducing displacement subdivisions in the Maxwell material.

The other thing to try would be a 16bit displacement map if you are still experiencing issues and not using one already.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]