Everything related to Studio
I'm working on an old project that was shelved a number of years ago and it includes a lot of asset files/MXS Reference files imported into the scene. I need to do amendments to some of those files but can't recall where they were located. Does Studio allow a way to show the file path location of imported Reference files?
Hello Mark,

The easiest way would be to load the mxs as a reference in Studio and then launch the render. The Console will let you know about the dependencies that cannot be found in the search paths.

Cheers!
Fernando
Forum Moderator wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:38 pm
Hello Mark,

The easiest way would be to load the mxs as a reference in Studio and then launch the render. The Console will let you know about the dependencies that cannot be found in the search paths.

Cheers!
Fernando

Thanks Fernando, this is what I ended up doing and it did allow me to find the folder locations and then work backwards to identify the various reference files.

A suggestion for future enhancements is to display the full source path filename when selecting an object. As an example, our DataCAD system shows the full path of any object (symbol/xref imported file ) from within the model. It also allows a selected reference file to be opened, edited and resaved whilst in the model file, then the main model file auto updates showing the changes. The Studio model MXS file in this query has something like 60-70 reference files imported to build the scene and they display more like point clouds (dots) making it difficult to see what the reference files are. The reference files also don't obey the shading mode options requiring test renders to see what's what so perhaps adding this feature to the wishlist as well~!
Thanks.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]