Everything related to Studio
By b-kandor
Hi,

If I have an animation in modo, is there anyway I can use fbx to import the frames into maxwell? Without the modo plugin (which would make serialized mxs files) I'm not sure how to accomplish this? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

b-kandor
By Nasok
Without the plugin in and it's "export sequence" functionality .. feels like the only option is only by hand ... or maybe some python scripting. Also depends on the type of animation and amount of frame Is guess.
If it is a simple turntable animation - you can do that inside studio natively ... if it is an FBX sequence (where every FBX file is a somewhat different geometry / deformed - i.e. character animation) - then I guess you could set a "master scene" and do it frame by frame by simply swapping the referenced object and exporting new MXS file every time ..

If you have camera animation - then well .. I believe it is only through scripting ... or plugin for another DCC .. like Maya or 3D Max ..
By Mark Bell
Another reason I believe NL should add the option to export to a suitable animation codec (MP4, AVI etc.) within Studio, MR or even MultiLight without the need to export into another 3rd party software. Maybe this can be added to the wishlist....
By b-kandor
Hmm, well I wonder - if I go back and use an older version of modo that the plugin still functions in, then export a .mxs sequence from there - if the newer maxwell will open those files - maybe that would work.

The thing is we've used modo / maxwell both since 2005 or so and switching to a new software isn't the easist thing. I need to decide how to move forward or if we keep maxwell just for stills and use studio.

Maybe I could fbx from modo to a different app that has a plugin and render animation from there, but I'm not sure what the implications are?
By luis.hijarrubia
b-kandor wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:43 pm
Hmm, well I wonder - if I go back and use an older version of modo that the plugin still functions in, then export a .mxs sequence from there - if the newer maxwell will open those files - maybe that would work.
Maxwell is backward compatible, at least until now. So V5 can open V3 or V4 scenes.
By Nasok
Yeah, if you have Maxwell | Modo plugin from previous version - I believe you can safely use that for exporting you animation into an MXS sequence - and from there - just start Maxwell render > scripts > progressive rendering - easy :) there is no even need to launch studio itself.
Generally speaking.

But again - it all comes to the type of animation you're doing. Maxwell Studio doesn't have any sort of "timeline" functionality so it is not really suited for animations (in common way) but it does pretty good job on doing simple turntable animations for products.
Like a simple product rotation - 360 degrees - Studio can do that (controls are minimal - but enough to do the job)

Cheers
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]