Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
Hi,
I had a large scene build in Rhino 7, and I wanted to render the scene using GPU, but once it gets started it runs into a GPU Memory error and it closes down without any extra information. It renders with CPU just fine. Any Idea?

My system
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
i7-7700K
64GB ram
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 (w/ latest driver)
Maxwell Render 5.2.1.49
Rhino 7.11.21293.9001
By Mark Bell
Mark Bell wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:43 am
It sounds like your scene is too large for the available RAM with your GPU? Try looking through the Help files on the Altassian https://nextlimitsupport.atlassian.net/ ... GPU+engine to see if there are things you can do to reduce memory usage with GPU renders.
..forgot to mention, Maxwell also allows Resume Render allowing you to stop the render when needed, and resume it where it was the next day or a later date and continue until you're happy with the image quality.
Hi Mark,
it seems that the issue was not the acutal size of the scene but the pixel resolution i had chosen, anything above 4000px x 3000px would just not render with my GPU, no matter the scene complexity. My standard highres image proportion made the pixel cout just a bit over this range. Made it a bit smaller, and now it runs :o
But yes, most likely it had to do with my GPU running out of RAM.

Thanks for the feed back.
Cheers
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]