Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Ed Folk
Hello Renderers,

Just asking a general question regarding animations. I am an architect and use Maxwell for photrealistic renders and am fairly satisfied with the result. I want to ask if anyone has experience or recommendations regarding rendered animations with Sketchup. If anyone out there has any ideas I would like to hear them.

Thanks,
Edwin
By CDRDA
Hey There!

Use another DCC such as 3DS Max with Maxwell, Blender, or UE4/5 would be the short answer.

There are Sketchup extensions and tools that can add animation, but I have no idea if Maxwell is compatible with them, or how comprehensive the toolsets are. Not to mention the rendering time as well in Maxwell. I'm not sure any render farms would be compatible either, so heavy use of the denoiser would be a prerequisite to keep render times manageable...

An an architectural visualiser myself, my workflow is to use Datasmith with Unreal Engine 4 for architectural walkthroughs. You export from sketchup as udatasmith format and load it up in UE4, which is a very straight forward process and easy to update. I would love to use Maxwell for animations as well, but it is just not viable for me, especially from SketchUp. A dedicated fully featured Maxwell Blender plugin would be the perfect Christmas gift from Next Limit ;o)

Using UE4 of course is not so straight forward, although a lot easier than it used to be. I would love to see some sort of integration and a similar workflow from Maxwell Studio to Unreal Engine via datasmith, where upon Maxwell materials are recognised and converted. This would be a most welcome and awesome addition, alongside the recent substance integrations. Maybe in time for UE5?
By Ed Folk
Hey,
I just noticed your reply. So sorry about the delay. I will check out Datasmith and UE4.

Thanks for the response.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]