Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
Hi,

I have found a few threads related to activation failures, but none appear to apply in my situation. My problem is very simple: I try to activate using the Maxwell Render License Activator, following the steps set out in the documentation.

However, upon clicking "Activate" I get a simple error message (of which I can find no mention on the documentations or the forum). See the image attached.
I have contacted support, but have not hear anything from them yet.

What can I do?
FYI, you've linked to the document instructions for a "Floating License" but your portal information says you have a "Node-Locked License." Maybe that was a linking error.

If not, then you seem to be following the wrong instructions. Your license type appears to be Node-Locked. If you believe that you've purchased a floating license then you should definitely contact Support.

Hope that helps you out! :?
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps there is some confusion from side. The licenses were purchased by my institution long before my onboarding and now I am trying to set it up. I am not actually unaware of what was purchased and the people who had that information have left the office without a paper trail...

Knowing now that I should look in another page of the documentation helps as it gives a possible cause to my actual issue, which I will try to resolve. So, that definitely helps!

However, this does leave me with a misunderstanding of Node-Locked/Floating/Floating Licenses. I thought the second row in the image above, which says "Floating", would imply a Floating License? In my interpretation I had a floating license that would enable me to have 10 nodes. I had read the documentations on Floating Licenses and node-locked licenses, but it is still all a bit hazy to me.

So, instead of my previous understanding, I have 1 Node-Locked licenses with a GUI. This means one time the Studio GUI, then?
But, then what are the 10 Floating nodes? Does that mean I can use 10 nodes as render slaves from the Node-Locked GUI?

Furthermore, if not through the Floating Licenses, then how are these 10 nodes connected to my GUI? For a Floating-Licenses this would work on the local network. For my setup it could work over the internet? The Studio GUI machine would be able to function as a Monitor/Manager?
1) Check you've downloaded the V4 version. Obviously to use the V5 you need to upgrade your license ( Buying one )
2) You can use Maxwell Studio and Maxwell Render on one machine.

3) Having 10 nodes mean you could setup a render on your main machine and use up to 10 other workstation to render the same rendering image.
(Better inside your own network)
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

They could still catch up without even finishing t[…]