Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
Hi,

I have found a few threads related to activation failures, but none appear to apply in my situation. My problem is very simple: I try to activate using the Maxwell Render License Activator, following the steps set out in the documentation.

However, upon clicking "Activate" I get a simple error message (of which I can find no mention on the documentations or the forum). See the image attached.
I have contacted support, but have not hear anything from them yet.

What can I do?
FYI, you've linked to the document instructions for a "Floating License" but your portal information says you have a "Node-Locked License." Maybe that was a linking error.

If not, then you seem to be following the wrong instructions. Your license type appears to be Node-Locked. If you believe that you've purchased a floating license then you should definitely contact Support.

Hope that helps you out! :?
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps there is some confusion from side. The licenses were purchased by my institution long before my onboarding and now I am trying to set it up. I am not actually unaware of what was purchased and the people who had that information have left the office without a paper trail...

Knowing now that I should look in another page of the documentation helps as it gives a possible cause to my actual issue, which I will try to resolve. So, that definitely helps!

However, this does leave me with a misunderstanding of Node-Locked/Floating/Floating Licenses. I thought the second row in the image above, which says "Floating", would imply a Floating License? In my interpretation I had a floating license that would enable me to have 10 nodes. I had read the documentations on Floating Licenses and node-locked licenses, but it is still all a bit hazy to me.

So, instead of my previous understanding, I have 1 Node-Locked licenses with a GUI. This means one time the Studio GUI, then?
But, then what are the 10 Floating nodes? Does that mean I can use 10 nodes as render slaves from the Node-Locked GUI?

Furthermore, if not through the Floating Licenses, then how are these 10 nodes connected to my GUI? For a Floating-Licenses this would work on the local network. For my setup it could work over the internet? The Studio GUI machine would be able to function as a Monitor/Manager?
1) Check you've downloaded the V4 version. Obviously to use the V5 you need to upgrade your license ( Buying one )
2) You can use Maxwell Studio and Maxwell Render on one machine.

3) Having 10 nodes mean you could setup a render on your main machine and use up to 10 other workstation to render the same rendering image.
(Better inside your own network)
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]