Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By sean obrien
How do I license a floating render node?

I have an RLM server set up on one computer and it works fine for my Studio and Sketchup license. It is unclear, however, how to license the floating Render Nodes. I want to set up the floating node license on the same RLM, but I am not sure how to do that. Right now, my render nodes are simply connecting to the RLM and using the license for MR, not the specific Node License. This is not allowing me to run all five nodes at the same time.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
By LadleSky10
Don't know if it will help with your situation but here's what I did (with the input of Support) a while back:

1) Retrieved the RLM computer's Host ID --you can find this in the RLM server app under "system info" (ethernet).
2) Signed in to my Portal Account.
3) Activated/licensed the Nodes using the RLM computer's Host ID.
4) Downloaded the Node license that gets created.
5) Combined the Node license with my RLM floating license (by using the copy & paste method --don't copy the 1st line --enter a few lines and paste at the end).
6) Restart or refresh the RLM app if needed. (Check "status: server status" to verify that all your licenses are read.)
7) That worked for me. All nodes were licensed and I've had no problems with Network rendering.

Extra information:
--I'm using version 5.
--You have to purchase the Nodes separately --if you haven't already --so they get a different license key.

Regarding the copy & paste method: I think there's instructions on combining licenses somewhere in the forums (e.g. combining version 4 and 5 licenses). Support was helping me with something else at the time and so I asked about the Nodes and that was the method that I followed.

You might try contacting Support if the above doesn't work . . .
--but hopefully it will.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]