Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
I have been using a Quadro RTX 4000 card on my i9 10980XE, win10 pro machine with 128 RAM and just a few days ago switched to a brand new Nvidia Geforce RTX 3090 expecting to improve GPU render time, only to find out after a few testing that the RTX 3090 is SLOWER to render the scenes.
How is that possible? does anyone else experiencing the same?
Thanks
The RTX 4000 can’t be faster then a brand new 3090.

1) try the 3090 with Octane Render or Vray.
You can download benchmark scene to test and compare your gpu with others.
If the result is on par with other 3090 you’re safe hardware wise that your GPU work as intended.

2) Check with GPU Z that your GPU is running at last PCIe 3.0 x 16

If not, probably you’ve to check your BIOS to see if your PCIe slot has been settled up correctly.

3) compare your 3090 Benchwell Score with the ones recently posted.

4) your Mainboard for sure have PCIe 3.0, so you could see around a 2% loose in performance compared to a 3090 RTX used on a Threadripper Workstation already supporting PCIe 4.0.

5) 3090 RTX for rendering work better if water cooled. That’s a fact.

6) check to have a good PSU. I suggest at last a 1200 Watt PSU gold or platinum.
You don’t have to check just only how many watt your system consume overall, but the quality of the PSU, the quality of the caps used, the current delivered, and the stability curve of the psu can play a big role upon your system performance.

7) seems a bit strange, but check always the energy profile used not only for the system in general, but even in the NVIDIA control panel.

8) using GeForce Now, select always the Studio Driver even for RTX non quadro cards. Don’t use the game driver.

A 3090 perform way better then an RTX 4000.

Within Maxwell for sure the performance gap is less then using Octane Render or Vray.

Maxwell render need for sure more tuning from Developer to give to the last RTX 3000 series cards better performance.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]