Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:38 am
No, this features are not supported. SSS may be done at some point in the future. Nested Dielectrics is probably one of the most dificult features for the GPU, so it will be one of the last features to be supported.
Hey Luis thanks for the info, so im just wondering, is there at the moment any way of rendering with corrct results a Liquid into a Glass with GPU?
As far as i am aware, on maxwell 3.2 cpu you would have to give different IOR for the water and the glass and model in a particular way, then Maxwell 4 with gpu came out and Nested Dieletric were introduced alowing to overlap surfaces.

Since on GPU this isnt supported, you are saying that there is no way of rendering that kind of setup with GPU atm? Being maxwell 4 or 5, i dont have 5 yet, thinking to upgrade.
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:47 pm
Nested Dielectics were introduced on maxwell 3.2 (I think so). It's serves to make easier how to set the edge between materials, and do not have infinitimal void between. It's not supported on GPU, and it's not easy one due to memory requiriments of Nested Dielectrics.
I understand that, but i wanted to know if there was a correct way of rendering a liquid inside a glass with GPU in maxwell 4.0 or 5.0 without Nested
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]