Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Matthew Hermans
Hi all,

I'm posting this as a bit of a shot in the dark...

I bought a Surface Book 3 with Quadro RTX 3000 recently and have been having a strange issue with a couple of different apps - Maxwell included.

With Maxwell licensed and setup if i launch Render or Studio the app disappears as soon as it tries to draw the GUI - so i can see Studio's splash screen and the loading and then *blink* it's gone. Weirdly Render does the same but when/if i don't have it licensed then i can see the GUI open up behind the dialog saying 'maxwell isn't licensed, press ok to launch the activator'.

I'd put this down to immature RTX 3000 drivers from Nvidia but last night i thought i'd disconnect the Surface Book from the GPU Base (removing the Quadro from the mix) and it behaves the same way.

Now i've tried updating Intel Iris GPU drivers but that doesn't help either and this morning Reset Windows in case there was something there too; but the behaviour remains.

I've got a Surface Book and Surface Book 2 and they run it fine - so it's not a case of these machines not liking something generally speaking but I don't know what's wrong with just this machine (i have another 12 workstations that run Maxwell fine too!)

The other app that behaves this way is Nuke. I wondered if there's a common GUI toolkit that both apps use or if anyone has seen this sort of thing before on Windows.

Thanks for any advice !

Matt Hermans
Electric Lens Co.
By Matthew Hermans
Just an update to this persistent issue. Reset the Surface Book 3 (With RTX Quadro 300) and still suffering this issue.

The Event Viewer shows an issue with a .dll :

Faulting application name: studio.exe, version: 5.1.1.33, time stamp: 0x5efa1904
Faulting module name: LIBEAY32.dll, version: 1.0.2.4, time stamp: 0x583d2a72
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000003763
Faulting process ID: 0x4fec

A search says : Libeay32. dll is a library that contains encryption functions which allow for coded communications over networks.

Still feels like i'm alone on this but shooting a post out into the dark to see if anything comes back !
By Matthew Hermans
Just for clarity this dll is here :
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell Render 5\LIBEAY32.dll
So it's nothing I've introduced externally.
By luis.hijarrubia
We distribute that DLL with instalation. It's related to openSSL, nothing to do with graphic card. Does it happen with a clean maxwell instalation?
Check it out, being related to conections, it may be some kind of malware trying to do it's thing. Or maybe a too restrictive security policy?

Also, this dll comes with visual studio 2015 redistributable (in our case). Maybe yoj have 2017 or above installed and it's making conflict?

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]