Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Tea_Bag
Hi NL Team,

Could we have some insight into what we can or could expect to see for the next release?

And what about the far future? Will you guys support more plugins in the future for other applications? Maxwell in Fusion360 would be great :D

It would be good to know more about what is to come or where Maxwell is heading. Like are there plans for Hybrid rendering where CPU and GPU render simultaneously? Will this be possible?
By luis.hijarrubia
There will be a couple of patches of 5.1 before 5.2.

First patch will be out really soon (I am talking about days). With many fixes. Cloud improvement. And some UI improvements on studio and mxed.

5.2 will be huge from my point of view if we can make it with everything we are trying to do. For the moment I can say we have a working concept proof of multilight on GPU. Will share some footage when possible.
By ptaszek
Please make first fully working Fire for C4D. It's not fair to everyone who bought C4D plugin (for the same price) and get half working product :/
By luis.hijarrubia
ptaszek wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 pm
Please make first fully working Fire for C4D. It's not fair to everyone who bought C4D plugin (for the same price) and get half working product :/
I will ask for this on next meeting. But what I can talk about here is maxwell core. Plugins have their own developers. C4D developer is the same one as Rhino right now, and Rhino changing SDK resulted in a lot of work on that side.
By Tea_Bag
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:46 am
There will be a couple of patches of 5.1 before 5.2.

First patch will be out really soon (I am talking about days). With many fixes. Cloud improvement. And some UI improvements on studio and mxed.

5.2 will be huge from my point of view if we can make it with everything we are trying to do. For the moment I can say we have a working concept proof of multilight on GPU. Will share some footage when possible.
Niiiiice! A huge 5.2 release would be great! Concept proof of Multilight on GPU :shock: - Looking forward to seeing that in action! :D
By ptaszek
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm
I will ask for this on next meeting. But what I can talk about here is maxwell core. Plugins have their own developers. C4D developer is the same one as Rhino right now, and Rhino changing SDK resulted in a lot of work on that side.
Thank you! It really stops me to switch back to Maxwell.
By James Linehan
Some areas that need addressing

One why can't we have hours and minutes For rendering time instead of just minutes.

The way in which the temp files work and the locations of the various files when you start to render is confusing. I wish it was more project-based and located in folders so you can easily access all the supporting files. For example the MXI sometimes get loaded if I click Resume without specifying a new MXI.

Why can't the renderer have options like stop cancel and pause
By choo-chee
forgive me for riding this tread, I think that for most of us still render time is a big issue more than ML on GPU.... I also have an idea, which is easier to do and I think many long-time users deserve: have another licensing option in which you can have a general maxwell license for BUYING some (relatively big) render points for the cloud ?? I'm noting it as purchasing maxwell and enough hardware to support it in a decent way is quite expensive. If I knew that I can pay for a full suit - be it on a monthly rate or a finite sum for software+render points, it would be much easier for me to consider upgrade, way more than some features I may not use at all.....

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]