Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By LivVis
I just rendered this bathroom, had it denoised, and just before it was about to be finished, black squares popped up in the denoised image and two red stripes came to be on the finished image :o What in the world happened?! Can someone please explain and help? This is very annoying after hours of rendering (even if it's just a test render). I've never seen this before.

Maxwell 5.1.0.29

By Mark Bell
I vaguely remember something like this (black stripes and rectangles) but it was way back in v1.6. Changing the camera resolved it so you might try creating a new camera and see how that works?
By LivVis
Mark Bell wrote:I vaguely remember something like this (black stripes and rectangles) but it was way back in v1.6. Changing the camera resolved it so you might try creating a new camera and see how that works?
Thanks, I will try right now and be back with the result :D
By LivVis
I had some very strong highlights in some materials because I used additive layer mode (mostly in the tiles and the glass materials). Also the tile map .jpg was too bright.

I now switched some over to coatings. I imagine that those actually were a problem. I'll post an image update tomorrow.

Edit: by the way, do you guys use dispersion in archviz renderings? The glass looks much better with it turned on, but I feel like it consumes lots of rendertime…
By choo-chee
this is bad geometry for sure, it happened to me from time to time esp. with complicated manipulated models. I used to check parts of the scene to see what is causing it, usually finding an object with some booleans or something causing it.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]