Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Felix Rothermel
Hi,

I am quite new to Maxwell and am struggling to create a perforated material. I am trying to create a facade with a star-like, node patterned mesh - alhambra style.

I have created the black and white images - see attached - but am having no luck after hours of messing around ; i have gotten close though!

I would appreciate some guidance on this from anyone willing to help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By luis.hijarrubia
Set that map as opacity map of your layer. Black where you want it to be transparent, white where you want material. Inside that layer set a BSDF with the kind of material you want (some kind of metal I guess).

Oh. Leave the 100 as value on the opacity mask, as it works as the maximum opacity the white on the map means.
By Nasok
Yeah, that's very simple. Once you create a Maxwell material (advanced)
You have layer and inside that layer a BSDF. first I would set up BSDF to be the material you want (metal, plastic, paint, etc) and then you just select the layer itself and add a texture to layer mask - use your image (one of them as a mask) - as Luis mentioned, black will be transparent - white will be revealing the BSDF you just set up.

You can always flip / invert map later if you wish.

One thing to note is make sure you've got a proper UVs, so that your texture will not be stretched :)

Cheers.
By tom
If you have multiple material Layers and some of their Layer Opacity slots are loaded with textures for other purposes, then you should do the following:
1) Create a New Layer and move it to the top of stack.
2) Set Transmittance = 255, 255, 555 and Nd=1
3) Load your perforation texture into New Layer's opacity slot.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]