Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By mjcherry
Does the price still include two installs or versions? When I first purchased Maxwell v3 I received both Studio as well as the Maya Plugin. When I "upgraded" to v4 I instead got two Maya versions, which was a mistake but I was never allowed to cancel one and get studio instead (so I never used the second one). I want to upgrade to v5, however, the plugin for Maya for Mac is not yet ready. I would purchase v5 Studio now, if I knew I would also get the Maya plugin when it is released; however, looking at the site it now appears that $595 only gets you one or the other. Is this correct? Meaning, if I want both Studio and the Plugin it will cost me a total of $1,190?
By Brian Buxton
There is a big problem here.
I have used Maxell since the pre-release beta.
V1 we got 8 free licenses because it took years to go from paid prerelease to v1.
V1 - V3 you got Studio and plugins for ALL supported Hosts.
V4 this changed and you could have Studio and one host plugin or 2 host plugins
V5 you can choose either Studio or a single host plugin
Most of the 8 additional v1 licenses have been removed from my account, leaving just one v4, one v3 and one v1 license that can be upgraded.
V4 was quite a poor release not only because Nextlimit went to great lengths to ensure they provided less value but in use the product was inferior to v3 in most situations.
To upgrade to v5 I expect Studio and at least 1 host.
If Nextlimit want to increase market share rather than steadily losing it, perhaps focusing on adding value rather than removing it is a better way forward.
By luis.hijarrubia
Brian Buxton wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 am
There is a big problem here.
I have used Maxell since the pre-release beta.
V1 we got 8 free licenses because it took years to go from paid prerelease to v1.
V1 - V3 you got Studio and plugins for ALL supported Hosts.
V4 this changed and you could have Studio and one host plugin or 2 host plugins
V5 you can choose either Studio or a single host plugin
Most of the 8 additional v1 licenses have been removed from my account, leaving just one v4, one v3 and one v1 license that can be upgraded.
V4 was quite a poor release not only because Nextlimit went to great lengths to ensure they provided less value but in use the product was inferior to v3 in most situations.
To upgrade to v5 I expect Studio and at least 1 host.
If Nextlimit want to increase market share rather than steadily losing it, perhaps focusing on adding value rather than removing it is a better way forward.
Please write to sales@nextlimit.com They can check what happened to those V1 licenses and see if they can offer something to a veteran customer.
By Brian Buxton
In the end, I have upgraded to 5.1. Even with the Haloween discount, it still feels more expensive than it should be. The FormZ plugin is not very good and still has many bugs. I hoped that it had improved since v4 but with version 4 you could at least fall back on Studio or if preferred a plugin for a different host application. No option for v5. In FormZ it is nice to render CAD objects without first converting to a polygon format, but FormZ's poor file handling means importing content to render in Maxwell is less than desirable. No VRay scene support and no Alembic support make the plugin version incomplete. I hope NextLimit address this moving forward.
By Brian Buxton
Uggh..
Until I find a fix for Maxwell normal shading errors the plugin is unusable. Really disappointing folks.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]