Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Jochen Haug
Hi,

on the screenshot one can only choose Substance Painter Materials. Is it also possible to choose Substance Designer materials or *.sbsar files or must one use Substance Player before to generate the set of textures files?
Is there any idee, when you publish it with an update?

Regards Jochen
By mjcherry
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:17 am
As you can see this conversor works only with substance generated textures. We cannot know wich metal are you trying to archieve. Anyway the conversor is not opaque, you can click convert to advance, and you will have a normal material, filled up with substance textures and tweak it as you like it.
That's what I was wondering, thank you. This is FANTASTIC!!!
By luis.hijarrubia
Jochen Haug wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi,

on the screenshot one can only choose Substance Painter Materials. Is it also possible to choose Substance Designer materials or *.sbsar files or must one use Substance Player before to generate the set of textures files?

Regards Jochen
The first development is Painter only. We would like to do designer too, but we need an agreegment on substance sdk use. So this is above us (just programmers). When this is solved on high instances we will talk about sbsar.
By mjcherry
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm
Jochen Haug wrote:
Hi,

Regards Jochen
The first development is Painter only. We would like to do designer too, but we need an agreegment on substance sdk use. So this is above us (just programmers). When this is solved on high instances we will talk about sbsar.
I use both Designer and Painter. On a practical level, while it would be nice to have both, Painter, for me, is more important. Even when I create a substance in Designer, I am almost always using it in painter so that I can tweak certain aspects for the object I'm working on.
By Jochen Haug
mjcherry wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:52 pm
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm
Jochen Haug wrote:
Hi,

Regards Jochen
I use both Designer and Painter. On a practical level, while it would be nice to have both, Painter, for me, is more important. Even when I create a substance in Designer, I am almost always using it in painter so that I can tweak certain aspects for the object I'm working on.
I use designer and sbsar-files for a fast creation of materials (quick and dirty). For different kind of materials I have made standards to insert textures and to receive sbsar-files. It is a little bit like Alchemist "ultralight".
By Nasok
Dream come true!
Oh can't wait to try out substance work in Maxwell .. all these days I've been looking for a perfect workflow - would be so keen to compare results ..
As my results a far from perfect ..well .. trie day best though ... so would be great to see how those maps are interpreted in Maxwell.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]