Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By piroshki
Hi Fernando,

I decided to play around with the new plugin today, and am getting my first Rhino crashes in months. If I hit "render" it will sometimes start to render, but sometimes I will get a hard crash for Rhino.

In fact I just had to restart my computer for the first time in a long time as Rhino refused to start and would immediately crash. The only thing I have done is install the new plugin a few hours ago.

Can you think of any reason this might be happening? The model I am trying to render isn't that big... I do notice that CPU and memory usage spike just as I hit render. It looks to me like this is happening before Maxwell gets called, so perhaps when it is preparing the scene file? Anything I should look at?

Thanks

Tom
By piroshki
Just had this happen again, and this time I had the task manager open. CPU didn't pass 50%, however memory (in use) went from about 6 GB to 15.9 GB (I have 16 gb on my machine). Committed memory climbed to 40 GB (!!!) before crashing. So IMHO there is a memory leak in there somewhere...
By piroshki
Sorry for the multiple posts... This is what a successful render look like (see first image).

Second and third images show what happens before a crash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By piroshki
Having fun on my own thread here :)
It appears that one (or several) surfaces were causing a problem. This does not happen with the R5 plugin. There must be some code in there to prevent this crash from happening.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]