Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By osuire
I'm really happy that I can AT LAST use Maxwell in Rhino 6.
As others, I struggled to find the material editor, as no Online help or proper documentation is provided.

Now that I have found out that Maxwell materials can be selected in the Rhino material editor tab, I chose a MXM file and pressed "Edit".
The Maxwell material editor popped-up and... Rhino hangs forever.
I had to close the Rhino session.

So much for the Rhino 6 plugin...
By PA3K
Hi Fernando,
I did it Your way - tried to install replaced plugin directly from Rhino - the same crash during inslalling. Weird ...
If You, or developer want to try another things, I can make acces to my computer by teamviewer. Just send me PM.
If it would help, I can send You also "RhinoCrashDump". 3dm file.
Patrik
By Forum Moderator
osuire wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 pm
I'm really happy that I can AT LAST use Maxwell in Rhino 6.
As others, I struggled to find the material editor, as no Online help or proper documentation is provided.

Now that I have found out that Maxwell materials can be selected in the Rhino material editor tab, I chose a MXM file and pressed "Edit".
The Maxwell material editor popped-up and... Rhino hangs forever.
I had to close the Rhino session.

So much for the Rhino 6 plugin...
Hi Osuire,

Rhino locks until you close the MXED window, as it's waiting for it to finish; that is the expected behavior; otherwise, you could be opening two mxeds with the same material. However, we can check if it would be feasible to do it in a different way.

Fernando
By orkunkule
seghier wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:27 am
Hello
can you add support for grasshopper?
I asked for the same feature almost a year ago but they weren't even imagining about supporting. I had to convince them that it is possible and Vray can do it.
By PA3K
Hi Fernando,
Thanks for help.
This version of plugin, that You send us link doesn`t work alone. It create Rhino Plug-in Error : "Unable to load maxwell_rhino.rhp plug-in: initialization faild... ... ...
But if I make standard installation of official plug-in and then replace with this new file, Maxwell is finaly loaded. There are few tools in toolbar, but none of them actually works. After changing window from standard perspective to Maxwell fire, Rhino crash.
OK, next week we can make teamviewer session with developer. It will be faster debugging. It will be profitable for all of us. Thanks again.
Have a nice weekend 8) .

Patrik
By Marton Day8
Hello All,

As Fernando wrote I currently have a bad (unstable) internet connection so teamviewer session is not really possible now. But if you can help a bit we can step forward to find the problem. (Unfortunately we don't experience it on our computers - not easy to debug.)
If you can, please help me in these test(s).

I have compiled a new rhino_maxwell.php file. Please overwrite the original file with it and start Rhino.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc5qnolgenjjt ... 2.zip?dl=0
Your Rhino will probably crash (this is expected). But This new version will write out a very simple log information to your hard drive, so I can see (hopefully) at which step the plugin crashes.
I have forgotten to tell - before you start Rhino please create a TEST folder under C:\ (C:\TEST) , because the plugin will try to write the maxwellrhino.log file here.

Please let me know what is in the resulted log file.

Márton
By rafaelmar
Forum Moderator wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 pm
I have tried running a clean Windows 7 SP1 on a virtual machine and couldn't reproduce the crash; it loads fine. As a test, could you (someone who gets the crash) try to install the plugin and then rename or move Maxwell for Rhino folder somewhere else; then open Rhino and add maxwell_rhino.rhp from File > Properties > Plug-ins > Install. It would be interesting to see if it crashes at that moment or not. It would help a lot.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Fernando
Hi Fernando,

Read your post today. FYI, I did as you suggested and Rhino crashed immediately when I tried to install the plugin.

Regards,

Rafael
By rafaelmar
Marton Day8 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Hello All,

As Fernando wrote I currently have a bad (unstable) internet connection so teamviewer session is not really possible now. But if you can help a bit we can step forward to find the problem. (Unfortunately we don't experience it on our computers - not easy to debug.)
If you can, please help me in these test(s).

I have compiled a new rhino_maxwell.php file. Please overwrite the original file with it and start Rhino.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc5qnolgenjjt ... 2.zip?dl=0
Your Rhino will probably crash (this is expected). But This new version will write out a very simple log information to your hard drive, so I can see (hopefully) at which step the plugin crashes.
I have forgotten to tell - before you start Rhino please create a TEST folder under C:\ (C:\TEST) , because the plugin will try to write the maxwellrhino.log file here.

Please let me know what is in the resulted log file.

Márton
Hello Márton,

Your post mentions thay you compiled a "rhino_maxwell.php" file. Do you mean a .rhp file? Another question, I downloaded the file from the link provided, but the file name is "rhino_maxwell.pdb". I am somewhat confused with the different extensions of these files. Please advice.

Regards,

Rafael
By rafaelmar
Hi Márton,

I downloaded the correct maxwell_rhino.rhp file from the link provided and followed your instructions. Rhino will not run the plugin. It displayed the following error message: "Unable to load maxwell_rhino.rhp plugin. This plugin came from another computer and is blocked to protect this computer. To unblock the plugin see https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/unblockplugin".

I followed all instructions to unblock the plugin on this wiki and I could not unblock it. I tried many times without any success. FYI, I have admin rights on my computer and I did run Rhino as an admin.

Please advice.

Regards,

Rafael
By Forum Moderator
Good morning.
After some Windows updates I'm finally getting the crash on Windows 7 after loading the plugin; that's good because we now have some clues, so we will be able to debug faster.
We'll try to get a fix asap.
Fernando
By rafaelmar
Hi Fernando and Márton,

I downloaded and installed the Rhino for Maxwell (Test 3) plugin. When I opened Rhino 6, it crashed when the "Preparing the plugin for first use" window appeared, as it did before. The last entry on the maxwellrhino.log file is "test5".

Hope this helps clear up the mystery.

Regards,

Rafael
By PA3K
Hi Marton and Fernando,

I did Your test with Windows 8.1. The same result as Rafa - in the C/TEST/maxwellrhino.log file is:
test1
test2
test3
test4
test5

Hope it helps as well.

Patrik
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]