Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By jsaarane
Dear Maxwell users, is anyone experiencing something similar with Rhinoceros Maxwell 3 plugin.

You try to download a material from the maxwell library everything goes fine until you press Download. The you get a sweet windows error sound and the download window blinks a few times after that the window closes and you end up with nothing.

Best, J.S
By JDHill
As far as I know, a user/password is not even required in version 3. I just checked with MXED 3.2.1.5 and it works fine without one. I would make sure the plugin is up to date (version 3.2.5 as dk2079 indicates), to ensure the problem is not that the version of MXM downloaded is too new for the installed plugin. I would also make sure to try using MXED directly, instead of calling it from within the plugin, just in order to eliminate unnecessary variables. You could also open a command prompt (browse to the Maxwell 3 directory in Explorer, hold SHIFT, right-click on the Maxwell 3 folder, and choose "Open command window here") and start mxed.exe (type mxed and hit Enter), to see if it prints out any error messages during the session. And, make sure to try different MXM files, in case there could be a problem related to a specific one.
By JDHill
Sorry, but I am just not able to reproduce this here (tested using plugin 3.2.5 and Maxwell 3.2.1.5). Just for example, I go to Scene Manager > Materials, right-click > MXM Gallery, and search for "red". The first MXM returned is called "Yellow note paper" and it downloads and is imported to the scene as expected. It is the same for the next results, "Wood Worn Lacquered Timber", "Weathered stone wall", and so forth. It is also working fine whether I leave MXED > File > Preferences > MXM Gallery > Downloads > Alternative folder blank, or set it to a custom folder.

Thoughts at this point would be to see if it makes any difference to:
  1. Try setting (or unsetting) a custom alternative folder.
  2. Try starting Rhino as Administrator (or don't, if you already are).
It would also be good to know if you are working with a Rhino file on the local disk (in your Documents folder, say) when this happens, and if not, whether it makes a difference if you do.
By JDHill
To set a custom alternative folder, you would open MXED on its own, go to File > Preferences > MXM Gallery > Downloads, and set the desired Alternative folder. Then, close MXED, and try again; instead of being downloaded to your temp directory, the MXM should now be downloaded to the custom location.

If this does not help, the next thing I would try would be to create a new user account on the machine, log in as the new user, and see if I could still reproduce the behavior.
By jsaarane
Ok. I set the alternative folder. Now when I download the material trough the plugin they do end up in that folder but still I can't see them in my scene manager in rhino. I think I'm going to re-install the maxwell Rhino plugin and see what happens.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]