Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By aleksey-m@list.ru
Hi, I have a strange behaviour here with UV map.

I need to apply logo texture to logo object. I made logo geometry 113*113 cm. Then I'm applying Planar UV with size 113*113. Rhino display port show that everything is correct. But in Maxwell texture is shifting and do not matching the object.

Why it's happened?

P.S. number 4 is missing on picture. It was there on the Rhino UV map settings panel, but then I decide to remove it from there. Sorry...
By dk2079
do you have several mapping projectors assigned to the object?
have you tried to set "channel" to 1 in the texure editor?
By dk2079
in the maxwell texture editor(that opens when you r-click on an active texture slot) under the "projection properties" you need to set the channel to 1(below "use override"..it only reads "Chan./".
when you assign a new mapping it automatically becomes "1". an explicit new projector channel.
it renders fine then.

it is related to the fact that you are using light-weight extrusion objects and not polysurfaces.
basically rhino nurbs objects have an inherent channel 0 that is always there. somehow with extrusions this channel is very persistent, and it will keep rendering "0" although you actually can not see the settings anywhere.
so there is need for an explicit channel 1.

for rendering I would generally convert all these extrusions to polysurfaces and adjust the custom meshing option in the object properties.
By aleksey-m@list.ru
Oh my, it's worked! Thanks!

I'm using Maxwell and Octane renders. When I switch to Octane, there was no problem with this logo rendering. Why Maxwell required this channel settings?

The point of NURBS modelling is to avoid polygons rather then use it, no? )) Otherwise it have no sense to work with this program ))
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]