Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By seghier
Hello
i tried maxwell 4 demo version and i exported scenes without problem from rhino to studio v4
when i add license to maxwell 4 i can't export scenes from rhino and always i got this message : Maxwell studio was not found om this machine
than i save the scene from menu ( write scene to mxs file ) and it opened with studio V3 !
and where rhino plugin installed ?
By JDHill
It is not clear to me, the steps you have used. To test, I did this:
  • 1. Remove all licenses and stop the rlm license server.
    2. Uninstall Maxwell Studio 4.
    3. Start Rhino.
At this point, when trying to export to Studio, the plugin correctly reports that Studio cannot be found. Trying to write an mxs file, the plugin starts the license activator, and I tell it I want to try the Maxwell for Rhino demo. With a demo license in place, I am able to write mxs files and render in maxwell.exe, but Studio is still not found. So next, I:
  • 4. Quit Rhino.
    5. Install Studio.
    6. Start Rhino.
    7. Export to Studio.
Here, Studio 4 is found, but is unlicensed when it starts. The license activator is shown (by Studio), and I tell it I want to try the Maxwell Studio demo. Now things are all working as expected; the plugin and Studio are both in demo mode. Next:
  • 8. Quit Rhino.
    9. Delete my maxwell_rhino.lic demo license.
    10. Start Rhino.
    11. Try to export an MXS. The license activator is shown.
    12. I enter my information and Maxwell for Rhino license key.
    13. The plugin is licensed, and the mxs is exported.
    14. I export to Studio; the mxs is written, and Studio 4 starts.
So all appears to be working as intended. I am aware of no way for the V4 plugin to start Studio V3, so it seems like you may have the wrong plugin installed (in Rhino, see main menu > Maxwell > About). The V4 plugin is installed at C:\Program Files\MaxwellDotNET\Maxwell.Rhino. To say more, I will need a more precise description of the problem.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]