Everything related to the integration for Revit.
By zparrish
Has anyone reported any tessellation issues when exporting their Revit model to MXS? We have an artist on the team that consistently has a tessellation issue that I can see when reviewing the exported MXS file in 3ds Max. The object name in question is:

8x4 with trim with bathroom cut out_[920981]Shape

There are also other objects that appear to have tessellation issues as well. The base object in Revit was simply a box with a void cutout. It also has some small trims near the borders with some odd faces.

When rendering directly in Revit (not Maxwell), the tessellation is fine. The only other thing I can think of is that the Maxwell plugin for Revit has some issues tessellating native Revit geometry.

Please take a look at the file and let me know if you need the original Revit file for testing. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Marton Day8
Hello,

The plugin doesn't make tessellation, it reads the final poly-geometry from the Revit API, but maybe there is something else.

Could you please send me the Revit file and the mxs too for checking?

Márton
By zparrish
Sorry for the extreme delay. For some reason I hadn't received an e-mail acknowledgment from the forum system in regards to your response.

Here's a link to the Revit file which was used to generate the MSX file I attached in my previous comment. I was able to determine that the surface normals on the offending geometry were off by 90 degrees. I did so by reimporting that MXS file into 3ds Max and checking them manually.

https://constructionspecialties.egnyte. ... eMrzApAm7n

Thanks Marton!

Ok, it sounds like a bug to me, I will check it. […]

C4DR20 Plugin

Hello, Sorry I not really understand your questio[…]

Rhinoceros 6 support

Considering other topics, I assume that NL will re[…]

I can't really add much from a solution standpoint[…]