By Micha
Hi,

my english is not good enough to make long small talk here. But I hope, you will like this funny effect of room lighting. :wink:

Since a long time I observe the lighting and shadowing in rooms and I have ask me, why it looks so full of live - so much colors and shadows. Than I find the secret - we are living in camera obscuras.

Last, the curtain of the window was open a little bit only, I have seen the image of the house from the other side of the street - reversed. Here a photo of the image at the wall and the original house in front of my window. Can you see it?

So, I think, if we like to render a room with a MXI emitter in the window, it is better to use a big plane outside the window. So we get different colors in different places of the Room. I think, it could be a nice improvement. Here a schematic:

Last edited by Micha on Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
By lwan
isn't it simple blurry reflection ? considering you point of view, it's logical you see the other side of the street, in case it's effectively reflection.
By hdesbois
Very interesting effect. A new Maxwell challenge. Ehm, Tom, what do you say?
:D
HD
By Micha
lwan wrote:isn't it simple blurry reflection ? considering you point of view, it's logical you see the other side of the street, in case it's effectively reflection.
Reflection ... no, the wall is diffuse and refections are not up-down-flipped. :wink:
By tom
This is a nice usage of MXI! Thank you Micha!
By olbo
Hey Micha,

thanks for bringing this up, ... it's very interesting! :D :D :D

take care
Oleg
By blueplanetdesign
Micha,

This is a helpful exercise.
As a matter of fact, I was just considering how one might recreate a gobo light effect without building an elaborate lamp/emitter/lense setup.
Do you know what I mean when I say gobo light? It's a theatrical light fixture used to cast light and shadow. It's useful when you wish to cast shadowing similar to say, the branches and leaves of a tree.
Have you achieved this effect yet Micha?

Steve
By Micha
Hallo Steven,

I have test a gobo effect with a camera obscura now. It is not useful for a sharp projection. I don't know how to archive this gobo effect in Maxwell. I think, you should post in the wish forum. I would call it a projector light source. If we try to simulate the optical part, than the rendering need extrem render times. I know from my biased renderer this kind of textured spot light, maybe we get it in Maxwell in the future.

At the moment I would like to get a simple spot light. :wink:

Micha
By jfrancis
Good observation.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]