By Eliseu_Arteb
Hi,

I´ve just both Maxell to rendering tailamps and Headlamps optics at night simulation.
I did some tests and the results is not good yet.
Someone have a tutorial of tailamp rendering, because I´m really lost to set up the properties.

thanks,

Eliseu
By eric nixon
A tutorial on this is needed (I'm not aware of one existing), because doing it right is quite tricky.. Which plugin are you using?

This uses 3 emitters. The first one for is an ies spotlight applied to a flat disc hidden to cam (has soft alpha'd edge).
Second is what Bubbaloo described, (an mxi emitter with using a 32bit pic of a headlamp), this is a bit bigger, positioned just behind the first and also hidden to cam, it fills in the reflection.
Then behind that is what the camera sees, which can be made however you need it to get a nice look. This is 'wrapped' in pure black water-tight geometry which is hidden to cam to isolate that from the rest of the scene.. so you can really go crazy with it, because it wont add noise to the rest of the scene.

and heres another test;

By Mihai
Eliseu_Arteb wrote:Hi,

I´ve just both Maxell to rendering tailamps and Headlamps optics at night simulation.
Someone have a tutorial of tailamp rendering, because I´m really lost to set up the properties.

thanks,

Eliseu
Maybe a silly question but just to make sure, they are accurately modelled and have the right thickness for the glass parts? Do you want to get the most accurate lighting for these, or is there some artistic freedom?
By Eliseu_Arteb
Hi Mihai,

They are accurately modelled and have the right thickness for the plastic parts (PMMA or Policarbonate).
I want to get the most accurate lighting for these, because I develop the optics for tailamps and I need
to verify the appearance of it. So I want to see the tailamp lit at a dark scene to be sure the the homogeneity of t5he reflected lights
will be very near of one sample.
Nowadays I use to approve the optics trought a prototype and I would like to obtain these results before the propotype.

thanks for your help.

Mihai wrote:
Eliseu_Arteb wrote:Hi,

thanks,

Eliseu
Maybe a silly question but just to make sure, they are accurately modelled and have the right thickness for the glass parts? Do you want to get the most accurate lighting for these, or is there some artistic freedom?
By Mihai
Ok, and what is the problem you are getting with the lighting? Because of materials? Is the lightbulb/modelled accurately as well? You shouldn't have any problems getting a realistic light pattern and light spread in this case. You could just start with the glass wizard, then set the ND to that of your plastic, for the reflector material just turn Force Fresnel on, and perhaps find the ND and K values for chrome on the www.luxpop.com site (nd = 3.210, k = 3.300), and set a very low roughness around 1-3.
By eric nixon
Thanks Hatts, just rendered this, couldnt resist posting, is it convincing? Dont know where this is going, I like how the puppet people throw their arms about but the dynamics need major revision.

One day I'll have a HD cam and do some matchmoved stuff, maybe then this will get finished... but perhaps never :|

By eric nixon
I felt the thread was dead. I notice he didnt post any renders..? maybe the discussion was purely academic ;)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]